No Games are Currently Scheduled for the New Jersey Devils
- Cory Schneider: Goaltending Controversy Moves To New Jersey?
- Ragged Metropolitan: Who Emerges From Division Of Under-Achievers?
- NHL Metropolitan Division Predictions 2013-14
- Can The New Jersey Devils Survive The Loss Of Ilya Kovalchuk?
- Sunday’s 2013 NHL Playoff Implications
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Race: Schedule Breakdown
- Pittsburgh Penguins Lock Up Atlantic Division
- Diagnosing The New Jersey Devils: Brodeur and Kovalchuk
- The 2013 New Jersey Devils: Life Without Zach Parise
- NHL Atlantic Division Preview and Predictions 2013
The National Hockey League (NHL) team the New Jersey Devils are based out of Newark, New Jersey. The team plays in the Eastern Conference’s Atlantic Division. The team was founded in 1974 in Kansas City, MO and were called the Kansas City Scouts. After just two seasons they relocated to Denver, CO and were called the Colorado Rockies. In 1982 they moved to New Jersey.
For most of the franchise’s first 13 seasons, the team had a poor to mediocre record. They made the playoffs only one time. However under Lou Lamoriello, their current general manager and president, the Devils from 1987-2010 made the playoffs each year except two. Ever since from 1992 through 2010 they had a winning record. The Devils and Detroit Red Wings tied for the longest winning record streak of any of the four major sports. The Devils have made it into the Stanley Cup Finals four times and won three in 1995, 2000 and 2003. The New York Islanders are the only American expansion NHL franchise to win more Stanley Cups. The Devils for the first 25 seasons playing in New Jersey were based out of East Rutherford. Their home games were played at Continental Airlines Arena/Brendan Byrne Arena. The Devils moved to Newark before the 2007-2008 season. Their home games are played at Prudential Center.
New Jersey has a rivalry with the New York Rangers in addition to the Philadelphia Flyers. The Devils have won nine Atlantic Division titles since 1993 when the division was created. Their most recent title came during the 2009-2010 season.