No Games are Currently Scheduled for the Calgary Flames
- Sean Monahan Or Tomas Hertl: Who Keeps It Up?
- NHL Pacific Division Predictions 2013-14
- Can Calgary Or Edmonton Bring Success Back To Alberta?
- NHL Northwest Division 2013 Playoff Watch
- Calgary Take Step Forward Trading Jarome Iginla; What Next?
- Does Jarome Iginla Make Pittsburgh Stanley Cup Favorites?
- Ryan O’Reilly Is Just Latest Desperate Center Bid For Calgary Flames
- Leland Irving Gets Chance With Miikka Kiprusoff On IR
- NHL Northwest Preview and Predictions 2013
- Finally Signs Of Change For Calgary Flames
The National Hockey League (NHL) team the Anaheim Ducks is based out of Anaheim, California. The team plays in the Western Conference’s Pacific Division. The home games of the Ducks have been played since the team’s inception at Honda Center.
Walt Disney Company founded the club in 1993 and named them the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim after The Mighty Ducks, a 1992 film. The franchise was sold by Disney in 2005 and the team’s name was changed to Anaheim Ducks prior to the 2006-2007 season. The Ducks in 17 years have made eight playoff appearances, won the Pacific Division in 2007, won the Western Conference Championship twice (2003, 2007) and also won the Stanley Cup Championship in 2007.
In 1996-1997, the Ducks made their first playoff appearance. They defeated the Phoenix Coyotes in seven games during the first round and then were swept in the second round by the Detroit Red Wings. In 2002-2003, the Ducks were the 7th seed in the playoffs. In the first round, they stunned the Red Wings by sweeping them in four games. They defeated the Dallas Stars in six games in the second round and swept the Minnesota Wild in the Western Conference Finals. In the Stanley Cup Finals of 2003, the Ducks were defeated in seven games by the New Jersey Devils. The Ducks won the franchise’s first division title in 2006-2007. Anaheim won the 2007 Stanley Cup Championship by defeating the Ottawa Senators in five games.